Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.burrenrescue.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Types of Information Collected
We retain two types of information from visitors to our Site:
- “Personal Data”: Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us, for example, through our “Contact Us” email facility or by completing one of our online forms. This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, postal address, email address, telephone number and birth date.
- “Non-Personal Data”: Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our site. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our Site.
Purposes for which we hold your Information.
- We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Other “third party” cookies – Burren Animal Rescue may have embedded photos or videos from websites such as flickr or YouTube and pages with this embedded content may present cookies from these websites. We cannot and do not control the dissemination of these cookies, you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
Refusing cookies – Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”. In Google Chrome, click the wrench icon in the top-right corner of the browser, choose Options, select Under the Hood in the left pane, click the “Content settings” button next to Privacy, and check “Ignore exceptions and block third-party cookies from being set.” Please note that blocking cookies may have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.
We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information about Burren Animal Rescue
- to contact you if required in connection with your enquiry or to respond to any communications you might send to us;
Any communications submitted online or by email will be subject to the same terms and conditions as those completed by hand in paper form. If any online application forms are included in the Site, you will be notified of any additional specific data protection provisions at the time you complete the relevant application form.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We may provide Non-Personal Data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our Site. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our Site, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our Site, or the activities that visitors to our Site engage in while on our Site. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include our web site design, development and hosting contractors.
Updating, Verifying and Deleting Personal Data
You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data, and in accordance with our obligations under the GDPR we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly. To find out what Personal Data we hold on you or to have your Personal Data updated, amended or removed from our database, email us at email@example.com The deletion/removal of information does not include any data we are obliged to keep by law for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
The length of time we keep your personal data:
- In the case of a donation made by you – 6 years (in line with financial guidelines)
- In the case of an animal you rehomed from us – indefinitely (unless you contact us to inform us that the animal has died or we deem that the animal would have died by such date)
- In the case of an animal you surrendered to us – 3 years
We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties outside of the organisation unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the disclosure is required in order to process an application or other communication from you or to perform the services you have applied for. We will however disclose your Personal Data if compelled to do so in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other valid legal process.
All personal data we hold about you is kept in secure files digitally and/or manually. We endeavour to take all possible steps to ensure its security is maintained. Should we suffer a breach in security we will notify you of the extent of the breach and take all necessary steps to rectify the situation.
You can ask us at any time to stop or change the methods by which we may contact you and this can be done by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org